The registration form for WEIS 2009 can be found by following this link. Please read the sections below for important information about the conference and the registration procedure.
Registration fees include the attendance at workshop sessions, pre-proceedings, refreshment breaks, lunches, conference dinner (excluding those who registered as students and accompanying guests) on Thursday - 25 June, 2009, and Wednesday night reception.
Please note: Registering for the Workshop does not reserve a hotel room. Do check the Accommodation section above.
All costs are listed in Great Britain Pounds (GBP); for costs in other currencies, click here.
Before or on 1st June, 2009:
- 150 GBP - Doctoral students
- 250 GBP - Individuals with an academic, governmental, or non-profit affiliation
- 350 GBP - Individuals with corporate affiliation
- 70 GBP – Companion (excludes Conference dinner cost)
From 2nd June 2009:
- 220 GBP - Doctoral students
- 320 GBP - Individuals with an academic, governmental, or non-profit affiliation
- 420 GBP - Individuals with corporate affiliation
- 100 GBP - Companion (excludes Conference dinner cost)
Accommodation should be paid by attendees directly to the hotel.
Registration fees can be paid only by credit card or cash. The cut-off date for credit card payments is June 14th 2009, all those registering after this date will need to make their payment in cash (pounds sterling) on the 1st day of conference at the Registration Desk. For details and to complete and submit an online registration form, click here.
Attendees are strongly advised to check travel Visa requirements, as a Visa may be required for entry into the country, that it may take two weeks or more to obtain one, and that a letter from the conference for Visa justification is available. For more information regarding Visa policies and requirements visit UK visas.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you need to cancel your Conference registration, you must contact us no later than June 1st, 2009.
- Cancellations received on or before June 1st, 2009 will receive a full refund less a £50 service charge.
- Cancellations received between June 2nd, 2009 and June 7th, 2009 will receive a 50% refund of your registration fee.
- Cancellations received after June 8th 2009 will not receive a refund.
- All refunds will be processed after the conference.
Student Scholarships are available for qualified students to attend the conference. The scholarship covers only accommodation (2 nights – ie 23 & 24 June) and/or free registration to the conference, all other expenses will NOT be covered by WEIS 2009. The deadline for applying for scholarship is May 1st, 2009.
We have tried to keep the costs as low as we can by obtaining affordable hotel prices and setting reasonable conference fees, but we recognise that some students may not be able to afford the full expense of attending the conference. In order to help, we will offer the most needy student authors with free registration and/or free accommodation (2 nights) at a UCL Hall of Residence. If you would like to apply for a student scholarship, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your paper title, full name and institution.
- A 250-word "case for support", in which you explain how you will benefit from attending WEIS 2009.
- An accurate list of your costs, and the amount of any other financial support (e.g. from your department or project).
- What support you may need (eg support for registration only, or accommodation only or for both registration and accommodation)
- Have your supervisor email (to the same address) a letter of support for your application, confirming the details you provide in your application.
The deadline for applications is May 1st 2009, and decisions will be made shortly afterwards. Please do not wait to register or make your travel arrangements to ensure your costs are kept low. We will be awarding as many student sponsorship as we can, and we will do our very best to support you, so please do apply! Ensure to tick both the credit card and student scholarship boxes on the payment method section. Your card details will not be used till a decision is made on your scholarship application.